PS 110 in Greenpoint is a great school.
- an experienced and gifted principal who has been a teacher in the school for decades. She fosters collaboration with her talented staff and is very receptive to parents.
- a beautiful new yard and computer lab
- an energetic and creative science teacher who loves her subject and translates it to the kids. The first day they play with the materials to get familiar with them and guess what they may be about. The next day they start to work with the FOSS curriculum.
- a long standing partnership with Mcgolrick Park where the students do planting and supplement their science curriculum.
- music teacher who starts teaching with recorders, then the kids move to Music and the Brain on keyboards and then guitars
- great dance program that includes ballroom dance, African dancing and drumming, Mark Morris and square dance
- integrated art in the classrooms and a partnership with VTS (Visual Thinking Strategies) which used fine art to teach critical thinking skills
- a new dual language French program starting in 2011 (4/29/11 - PS 110 has found a French teacher but there were not enough fluent French speakers to create a dual language classroom. They are currently working on making it a French enrichment)
What are you waiting for! There is a school tour scheduled for Mon. May 2 at 9am.
There may still be spots open for kindergarten. Head on over for pre-register before April 15, but if are interested after that, just call the school 718-383-7600